Seeking recommendations and EOIs for the FCDO-funded Evidence Fund
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya (You will need to have the existing right to work in Kenya or the ability to obtain it.)
Contract type: Fixed term contract for the duration of the project (3 years with possibility of renewal for further 3 years, subject to change)
***Closing date for submission is Monday 19 July 2021 at 09:00 London***
The Evidence Fund is a single coordinated, research and evidence platform funded by the FCDO. The platform’s objective is to support the FCDO in its efforts to ensure its programmes and policies are effective in achieving intended development impacts and that the maximum value is returned for every pound spent. The Evidence Fund will seek to do so by providing the FCDO with a broad spectrum of evidence needs, and generate operationally relevant research, analysis, evaluation and syntheses to inform policy and programming decisions.
The direct recipients of these services will be three Regional Research Hubs (for East Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East and North Africa), and the Evaluation Unit.
Cowater International and BrightGuide Africa are looking for an innovative, creative Communications Manager based in Nairobi, Kenya, whose CV can be attached to a bid to manage the Evidence Fund for the FCDO.
Specific Tasks/Activities, Roles, and Responsibilities
If the Bid is successful the Communications Manager will carry out the following activities:
- Raising the Evidence Fund’s visibility both with the FCDO and external audiences
- Designing and implementing the Evidence Fund’s communications strategy
- Preparing high quality communications content
- Organising digital and in person events
- Disseminating communications through various communications platforms
- Providing general communications support to the Evidence Fund
- Coordinating with the Evidence Fund Research Uptake Manager in designing communications products highlighting and promoting new research and evidence
- Updating BrightGuide Africa on progress
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Here are some of the qualifications needed to perform the principal duties:
- Experience in communications in relation to research, policy or programming, including a solid understanding of the research-policy interface
- Experience in a range of communications methods including workshops, webinars, launch events, social media, direct engagement and media work
- Strong writing, editing and précis skills
- Working knowledge and administration of popular social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, YouTube) and social media schedulers
- Basic graphic design experience preferred, for example, familiarity with Canva
- English fluency required
- FCDO/DFID experience preferred
If you are interested in this role, or you know someone who might be, please email us at [email protected].
Please reach out to Brightguide Africa if you have any questions.